Due to the exceptionally high demand for appointments with our group, which has led to an exceedingly long waitlist, we are temporarily unable to see self-referral patients with negative imaging. When this situation changes, we will update our website.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A PHONE CONSULTATION CONCERNING WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE A CANDIDATE FOR A CSF LEAK EVALUATION AND TREATMENT:
- Call our coordinator at 919-684-7214 (Press Option 2).
- M-F 7:30am-4:00pm
- We will return your call within 1-3 business days.
- MRI of the brain with contrast performed within the last 6 months- An MRI brain with contrast is required because certain signs of spontaneous intracranial hypotension (SIH) are only demonstrated on contrasted images. See article here
- CT Myelogram/MRI spine: (not required, but must submit if performed)
- ALL IMAGES CURRENT AND OLD (all brain, spine, and myelograms performed) must be sent. The report is not sufficient. The Duke Radiology Image Library encourages electronic share. See form.
- Referral from a neurologist or a headache specialist on our form.
- Copies of clinic notes and imaging reports related to your symptoms
- Copy of front and back of insurance card
We suggest you work with your neurologist’s office and your imaging facilities to see that all pre-consultation requirements are sent.
Please call our coordinator to obtain a medical record number (MRN).
STEP 1: SEND PRE-CONSULTATION REQUIREMENTS please include your Duke-assigned medical record number (MRN) with anything mailed to our office for review.
STEP 2: REVIEW PROCESS Your records will be uploaded to our electronic medical record system and sent to our nurse practitioner for initial review. The upload and review process may take up to several weeks from the time we receive your records.
STEP 3: PHONE CONSULTATION
- Once the nurse practitioner reviews your medical records, she will contact you to further discuss your current condition. After this consultation, she will review your case with the radiologist and call you back to discuss the recommended care plan.
STEP 4: SCHEDULE APPOINTMENTS
- Our coordinator will call you to schedule the procedures recommended by the radiologist.