Printer Friendly Version
- Patient needs to be NPO (nothing by mouth) 4 hours prior to exam.
- Lab work needed: PT & PTT if patient is on anticoagulants, for example:
- Blood thinners
- Enoxaparin, etc.
- If scheduled for lab work prior to exam have patient go to Duke South Clinic 1D, 40 Medicine Circle, at least 1 ½ hours before scheduled procedure.
- Please order steroid prep for any patient with a contrast allergy.
- All patients need to arrive 30 minutes prior to procedure time. A driver will be needed to and from the procedure and also must remain in the hospital until the patient is ready to go home.
- There are many contraindications to myelography concerning patient medications such as:
- CNS stimulants, and other anti-psychotics
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors
- Tricyclic antidepressants
Schedule an appointment
If you would like to schedule an appointment for your patient, please contact Duke Radiology Interventional Scheduling at (919) 684-7315, Monday thru Friday, 7:00am – 5:30pm.
If you have any questions or need a same day procedure, please contact Duke Interventional Radiology, at (919) 684-7281, Monday thru Friday 7:00am – 5:00pm.