- MD, Duke University School of Medicine, 1986
- Radiology, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, 1987-1991
- Fellow, American College of Radiology
- Instructional Course Committee, American Roentgen Ray Society
- PSE Committee, American College of Radiology
- Chest Subcommittee, Commission of Body Imaging, American College of Radiology
- Scientific Program Committee, Radiological Society of North America
- Editorial Board , American Journal of Roentgenology
- Editorial Board , Journal of Thoracic Imaging
- Editorial Board, Radiology
Interstitial lung disease
Digital Radiography: Current plans include projects related to evaluation of prototype systems for clinical chest imaging, including tomosynthesis and computer-aided analysis of digital chest radiographs.
Functional Lung Imaging: Current plans include projects related to evaluation of hyperpolarized Xenon MR imaging of lung function.
Interstitial Lung Disease.