2019 Resident Graduation Banquet and Awards – Congratulations Grads!!
On Friday, May 31, 2019, the Department of Radiology held the annual Resident Graduation Banquet and Awards Ceremony. The Resident Class of 2019 was recognized for successful completion of their formal training in Diagnostic Radiology and Certification by the American Board of Radiology. As part of the honors, the graduating class was presented with the following awards:
- Outstanding Fellow Teaching Award Presented to the Fellow most dedicated to excellence in Resident Education: Raymond Groller, MD
- Reed P. Rice MD Award for Excellence in Teaching of a Junior Faculty Member: Joseph Davis, MD Assistant Professor of Radiology, Pediatric Radiology
- William F. Barry, Jr, M.D., Memorial Award Presented to Senior Faculty For excellence in teaching: Jenny Hoang, MBBS MHS, Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiation Oncology, Faculty Medical Physics Department, Director of Head and Neck Imaging, Chair of Grand Rounds Committee
- Carey E. Floyd, JR, Memorial Award for excellence in Imaging Physics Instruction Presented to: Mustafa Bashir, MD Associate Professor of Radiology and Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, Gastroenterology,Director, MRI, Director, Center for Advanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Bashir Lab for Liver Imaging Research
- Charles E. Putman Memorial Award to Division most dedicated to excellence in Resident Education: Breast Imaging.
- Resident Service Award: Dorothy Lowell M.D.
- Resident Teaching Award: Andrew Miller, M.D.
- Medical Student Teaching Award: Lawrence Ngo, MD
- Roentgen Resident Research Award: Andrew Griffin, M.D.
- Chief Residents Honored: Andrew Griffin, M.D., Dorothy Lowell, M.D., Holly Nichols, M.D., Erin Shropshire, M.D.
Congratulations to the 2019 Graduating Resident Class and Award Recipients!